Wednesday, October 21, 2015

It's Like Friendship but without the Friendship

There is someone that I know and don't like very well. This person isn't a bad person but they bring out the worst parts of me when I'm around them. I don't like being with them but to reject them would be cruel. Being this person's friend is cruel too but at least playing pretend for a little while longer would be better than letting this person be exiled because of me. Every time I see this person, I always think; leave, go away, don't stay here, why did you come. I know the answer already. This person wants to be surrounded by friends. Doesn't want to be left out. Doesn't want to be alone. But the fact of the matter is they are almost always alone. There's nothing they can do to change it. I want to reach out to tell them the truth and even be the one to comfort them but I can't because I don't want to be with this person either. It's not because of how others feel about them but because of how I personally feel. They can't change my opinion and I don't want them to feel like they have to. Sometimes people don't click with each other. It's nobody's fault. It's weird but what I feel is like a non malicious hate. I don't want to be around you ever and I don't want to help you because I feel like you're ignoring obvious things just to be able to be with people who don't truly want you around. At the same time, I don't want you to suffer. At the same time, I don't mind if you do since you're choosing to ignore the obvious. 

Even thinking about you makes me feel like an awful person. But am I being a bad friend if I don't even consider you a friend? Do I owe you something because you still kind of think of us that way? Either way, time will set us both free. You'll never read this but I have some advice for you in the future: find what you're looking for and try to avoid doing then what you do now or you'l lose it. And get in where you fit in, trying to be somewhere where you don't truly belong leads to the sadness I see in your eyes. 

No comments: